With the ongoing pandemic, normal life is coming back on track. The competitive exams were also postponed in India so were their results. One such competitive examination held in India is DU JAT(Delhi University Joint Admission Test). The DU JAT exam is conducted for applicants to take admission in BBA, BMS, or BA under 16 colleges of Delhi University. Here we will look at all the necessary information related to the DUJAT test.
Eligibility Criteria for appearing in DUJAT examination
Below are the criteria mentioned:
- Applicants with at least 60% marks in Class 12 in the General category can appear in the test.
- SC, ST, and similar categories must have 55% in class 12 examination.
- Applicants whose Class 12 results are pending can also apply.
- International students must apply separately through the Foreign Student Registry website.
The DU JAT Exam comprises 100 questions. Each question is of four marks. There is also a negative marking of one for every incorrect answer. The students have to appear for the DU JAT exam in English only. There are four sections:
- Quantitative Ability- 100 marks
- Reasoning and Analytical ability- 100 marks
- General English- 100 marks and
- Business and General awareness- 100 marks.
Each section has equal importance, i.e., 25% weightage. The total exam marks are 400. All the questions would be multiple-choice questions. The online exam is of 2 hours. Do carry all the necessary documents, as mentioned, such as the admit card.
DUJAT exam preparation
Students need to be prepared thoroughly to score good for the examination. Competitive books are available easily. Do practice as much as you can. So there are several DUJAT online coaching available. Solve as many mock tests as you can. Make sure you provide enough time for all sections. The exam is conducted in 24 major cities in India. Do not choose a city that is very far from your area. The city has to be selected while filling the online form.
Admission procedure for DUJAT
The applicants have to follow a stepwise procedure to take admission via DUJAT.
- Firstly after the announcement of the date, fill the online application form.
- After that, download the admit card from their website.
- The date and time for the DUJAT is announced prior so that applicants can appear for it.
- The exam results date is also announced with all important dates. So check the result on their website itself on the given date.
- If passed, do attend the admission counseling.
- Admission is decided based upon the DUJAT score and 12th
The exam is divided into four sections. It is ideal for joining any nearby coaching class for a short or long-term course for the same. Students can even opt for DUJAT Online Coaching if needed. The syllabus for the exam can be found out on their website itself. Do understand your weak points and accordingly work on the said areas.