Indians planning to visit Canada as a visitor needs to have a valid visa and for that they need to apply Canada Visa for Indians which is processed offline by visiting the nearby VAC centre wherein you are required to submit the required documents as per the checklist and your biometrics.
Steps for applying the visa.
- Online form filling
- Submission of online form
- Generating barcode
- Make payment online
- Schedule the appointment
- Visit the centre
- Submit the documents & biometrics
- Visa process
- Collection of Passport
- Before applying for the visa, it is necessary to understand wherein you meet the criteria of the Canadian High Commission includes sufficient finances, social & economic ties in the home country, the purpose of visit to Canada, and will exit Canada before the visa expires.
- The Visa process for Canada is offline and the candidate is required to visit the nearest VAC centre. The applicant is required to submit following filled online forms – Family Information Form & Visitor Visa Form wherein the form include the details of passport, family members details, qualifications, employment, finances, travel plans, and inviter’s details if any.
- Visa form is to be submitted online to generate a barcode with the unique number which is used for future reference by the Canadian High Commission.
- The applicant are required to schedule the appointment at the nearby VACcenter as per the dates and time slots available to choose from. Consulate Fees can either be paid online through debit or card or the candidate can pay it in cash at the VAC center after submitting the documents.
- After scheduling the appointment next process will be to arrange all the documents as per the checklist of the temporary resident visa. Certain documents may vary according to the case file.
- On the day of appointment carry all the required documents printed on A4 size paper. Make sure to visit the centre 15 mins before the scheduled time of appointment.
- At the VAC centre, the representative will check& collect all the documents if everything is in place as per the requirements and guide you for biometrics.
- A payment receipt will be generated with the reference number to track upon the application online on the VAC website or by calling VAC.
- The processing time for the visa is generally 13 -15 days though it may take longer during the peak season.
- For collecting the passport, you are required to carry the payment receipt in original with one government ID proof or can opt for courier service by paying the courier fees during the submission of the documents.
Documents required for visitor visa
- Original valid Passport
- Visa Forms – IMM5257E & IMM5707E
- Document Checklist
- Cover letter
- 2 Photographs with 80% face, white background, matt finish, and the dimension of 35 mm x 45mm.
- Itinerary if not visiting any friend or family.
- Hotel Accommodation if not visiting any friend or family.
- Bank statement in original for last 6 months and attested.
- Income Tax Returns
- Any other financial documents
- Marriage certificate (if required)
- Appointment letter
- Leave Letter
- Salary Slip
- Company ID card
- Cover Letter on company letterhead
- ROC, GST for Partnership firm & Private Limited companies or any other company registration documents
- Income Tax Returns
- Company Bank statement for 6 months and attested.
- Retirement papers
- Pension slips
- financial papers
- Sponsor letter
- Sponsor’s 6 months bank statement attested.
- Sponsor’s copy of passport
- Sponsor’s ITR – 3 years
- Sponsor’s Employment papers
- School/College ID Card
- Current Year Fee Receipt
- Invitation Letter
- Inviter’s Passport copy
- Inviter’s Visa copy or PR card
- Inviter’s Employment papers
- Inviter’s Residence papers
- Inviter’s Tax Papers
||CAD $ 100
||CAD $ 85
Visa received will be Canada tourist visa where in the maximum stay period allowed is of 6 months irrespective of the validity of the visa.